Tuesday, 5 February 2008

getting there..

Heya... I am not sure if you all still bother checking whether I've updated or not.. Sorta disappeared for the month of December and January due to an assignment, exams, went away during the Christmas break, laziness and a million other lousy excuses.. heheh.. apologies..

Speaking of the Christmas holidays, finally got my act together to put this post up on my trip, my very first venture to a European country outside the UK.. I am still finding it hard to believe.. that I went to the La Citta Eterna~ friggin Rome people!!

Planning started way back in October over fears of having to stay in the deserted town for Christmas break and some how it blew up into a week-long Rome trip.. it wasn't easy deciding whether to splurge this way or just save up and rot in Aber.. After much consideration, since I'm already in the UK and its my final year, we jumped at the opportunity after getting a pretty good deal on air tickets and gratefully getting permission from mum and dad.. Omigosh, it felt super exciting!!

There's 7 of us, 4 lassies and 3 lads.. Our Rome trip started off with travelling to London by train one day before the flight.. alright, picture time starts here:


Having to switch trains in between, this is a nicer looking one..

Took a bus to Liverpool Street Station for another bus to the airport..

In the meantime, we had spare time and walked around the area..


That's the Swiss Re, some consider it an icon and some thinks it's the ugliest building in London


On our way to catch a bus..

We flew from Stansted Airport, London.. I suppose its the equivalent of Air Asia's LCCT.. had to put up a night in the terminal (another first!) but barely had a wink as we waited for our flight at 8am the next day..


can't wait to board it!


no idea where this is, but the Swiss Alps would be a wild guess... amazing view..


Ciao Roma!!

The adventure starts in my next post! =)
Ooh, btw Happy Pancake Day! Tomorrow's CNY eve!!

No comments: